Aphrodisiac Steak (Coffee & Cocoa Rubbed)
I'm heading to my cooking club and this months theme is "Aphrodisiac Appetizers" so making a Coffee & Cocoa Rubbed Skirt Steak. If you have ever been to my house you know that any type of meat at any time of the day can be an appetizer.
According to Cosmopolitan, there are 29 foods that can lead to better sex.
Click here for more
Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Skirt Steak
1.5 lbs of grass fed skirt steak
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp [ Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp sugar (I used Coconut Sugar)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Poswer
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 /2 tsp Ground coffee
1. Pat dry steak
2. Combine all ingredients to make the "Rub"
3. Completely cover both sides of the steak in the rub. Place in a covered dish or plastic bag and leave for at least one hour, but preferably overnight.
Now Time to Cook
1. Preheat your oven to 400*
2. Pan Selection - I always go for my cast-iron skillet for steak (when cooking indoors).
3. Lightly Oil the Pan, I am using Avocado Oil.
4. Sear the steak for 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Put Cast-iron skillet pan in the oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until your desired temperature.
*If you’re like me and enjoy your steak at medium rare, the internal temperature will be 135 degrees Fahrenheit.