Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Updated: Feb 12, 2020
At my house we always have bananas that are ready to expire so I am always thinking of different ways to use them. Today we experimented with a healthy version of a Chocolate Chip Cookie - Gluten Free, Vegan and includes a Banana. They were easy and delicious.
1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
1 small banana
1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp baking powder
Optional: 1 scoop vital proteins collagen peptides (mix with dry ingredients)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsps coconut oil (melted)
1 tbs of milk - I used Oat Milk or Almond Milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips - we use Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat Oven to 350°F, gather a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Use a non-stick spray.
2. You will need two medium size bowls. In the first bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. If using collagen, mix in here.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut oil, vanilla, mashed banana, and milk. I prefer to use a mixer. Stir in the coconut sugar.
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Using a spoon (easier if greased) drop the cookies on the cookie sheet. Should make approximately 12 cookies.
7. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.