Who doesn't want a traditional take on a gluten free stuffing. This recipe only has 10 ingredients, is super easy, delicious and has so much flavor!
1 Loaf of your favorite Gluten Free Bread
2 cups of Organic chicken or veggie broth (3 cups for a wetter stuffing)
¾ cup butter (or dairy-free butter)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 Clove of Garlic
4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
HERBS - Fresh is best
1 ½ teaspoons thyme leaves
½ teaspoon ground sage
½ teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
*for extra flavor and my favorite add one pound of your favorite sausage. If doing this step please add the sausage 75% cooked.
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease your casserole dish.
1. Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours (you can also lightly toast or leave out the night before), then cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic, onion, shallot and celery and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
3.Stir in salt, pepper and fresh herbs
4. Add bread cubes and mix until evenly coated. If adding sausage - mix in here.
5. Drizzle broth over the bread mixture and toss until well mixed.
5. Lightly grease your pan and bake for 350°F (180°C) for 35 to 45 minutes.