Healthy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
An easy and homemade alternative to the traditional store bought cranberry sauce with delicious hints of pineapple and orange to complement the flavor! What is great about this recipe and for Thanksgiving prep is that its best made ahead of time!
3 cups of fresh cranberries
¾ cup pineapple juice or orange juice (I used reduced-sugar versions)
1/4 cup water
Zest of one orange
1 tsp of all spice
3 TBSP of honey, agave or Lakanto Maple Syrup (my choice)
1. Bring pineapple juice, all spice, applesauce, honey/agave or maple syrup and water to a boil in a sauce pan.
2. Add Cranberries to sauce pan.
4. Reduce to medium heat and stir constantly until the cranberries start to explode (about 15 minutes).
5. Reduce to a simmer and add zest to the cranberry mixture. Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat.
6. Cool completely and store in fridge at least 4 hours but preferably overnight before serving. (Best made ahead of time)