How I am Navigating Covid-19 - Wellness, Selfcare & What I am Wearing
I never thought we would be in a world of isolation and crisis, but here we are for at least another 30 days.
Set up a weekly and daily routine! By having a plan and a schedule you will be able to properly think about the day.
Set Daily Boundaries
1. Create Your Space: have a space for working out, working and quiet time. By having a space where you feel comfortable it will help you decompress.
2. Movement: Start your day with daily movement, even if it is 15 minutes, get up and move. Working out and getting fresh air are both generally good for increasing your immune system and overall well-being. If you can get outside and get some much needed vitamin D.
3. Stay Connected: Although we are practicing social distancing, it is important to stay connected with friends and family. The CDC suggests talking with people you love and trust about how you’re feeling to help you cope with stress and, in turn, deepen your friendships and strengthen your community. Write a letter to a friend, send a text, schedule a zoom cocktail party.
4. Get Organized: This is the perfect time to tackle in home organizing projects, computer decluttering, updating address books and spring cleaning.
5. Educate: Because we all have so much free time (away from kids homeschooling, parenting, wifing etc) this is a good time to start a new book, practicing new cooking techniques, learn a new language or
6. Give Yourself Time: Its okay to feel scared, uncomfortable, lost, lonely, sad and mad. We have never been in a time like this. Reach out to a friend, practice self care and self love. Here are some ways to navigate anxiety and stress:
Acknowledge your feelings
Exercise and fresh air
Write down your emotions/journal
Visualize something inspiring
Stop negative thinking patterns
Practice self-love and self-compassion
Weekly Meal & Self Care Planing
I love planning for the week on Saturdays (I am a firm believer that the week starts on Sunday), by planning your week with workouts, meals, selfceare you are able to carve out the time you need. Below is what I print out weekly to keep me on track, now more than ever it has been so helpful!
Create a Plan
Each day I am working on intentions to help navigate the day.
Practice more Gratitude
Saying No when it does not feel right
Wellness as a priority - including self care
Practice Conscious Parenting
Lose the Negativity
Exercise Self Love
Spend more time with the people I love
Eat Food that makes my body feel good
Be Present in my surroundings
Spend more time outdoors
More Music and less Noise/TV
More Flexibility and less rigidity
Drink more water
Practice daily meditation
Be a joyful mom
Try to feel peaceful, grounded and centered by the end of each day
Read more books
Workouts I am Enjoying
What I am Wearing
Most days, I wake up and put on workout clothes. One, it helps me stay motivated to move and two its just more comfortable.
Want a discount on Sweaty Betty - use code SBMegan for 20% off your full price purchases.
1. Dudley Stephens - warm, versatile, washes well and so comfortable.
2. APL Shoes - Beyond comfortable, perfect for cross-training and walking!
3. Carbon38 - Leggings, so sleek and sliming, dress up and down
Look 2 - Sweaty Betty
1. Zero Gravity Leggings - bum sculpting, sweat wicking.
2. Cashmere Blended Hoodie - Cozy and comfortable
3. Namaste Tank -Love this, perfect for all working out
What I am Using
1. Yoga Mat -
2. Pilates Socks -
3. Bala Bands -
4. Pilates Ring -
5. Sliders -
6. Ankle Weights -
What I am Drinking
After doing research I came across Scout & Cellar and had to learn more. Scout & Cellar is on a mission to disrupt the wine industry so they can do better for you and better for our planet. Going beyond organic, their Clean-Crafted Wine is always free from synthetic pesticides and chemical additives and sweeteners. They partner with growers and family-owned farms to create delicious wine that's better on the vine, in the bottle, and in your glass.