Matcha Banana Muffins
Matcha is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols, which have been tied to protection against heart disease and cancer, as well as better blood sugar regulation, blood pressure reduction, and anti-aging.
Another surprising benefit, matcha can help you lose weight because it works as a fat blocker. A compound in matcha called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) has been shown to boost metabolism and stop the growth of fat cells.
My Favorite Matchas are (try and find organic and ceremonial grade):
2 large bananas or 3 medium bananas (over ripe is best)
2 tbsp honey/agave (I use Lakanto Maple Syrup)
1 tbsp nut butter (I used almond but you can use coconut, cashew, peanut), melted
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp matcha powder
1 tbsp coconut sugar (I used lakanto sugar)
1 scoop vital proteins collagen powder (optional)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, lightly grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix wet ingredients; add mashed bananas, eggs, sweetener, nut butter and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the matcha powder, sugar, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Evenly divide the batter into the greased muffin pan.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until, golden brown